Sunday, November 23, 2008

Madison 1


Here’s a sneak peek at my most recent work in progress. I figure that I have about two more days of shading to finish the drawing. The style of shading will be based on the beautifully intricate crosshatching of Michelangelo. When finished, I plan to use all the scanned images of the various stages to put together a new lesson for Drawspace.

No doubt, the drawing will also find its way into my new book. A quote from the introduction:

“This book is designed to take you step-by-step through the learning processes of drawing the various types of lines used in classical drawing. When you learn the technical skills and styles of the great masters, you can easily transfer these abilities into drawing anything and everything you can see or imagine.”

No comments: